- 1 lb. ground beef using other ground meats like turkey or pork also works great!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs divided
- 4 vidalia onions
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 pieces of mozzarella string cheese
- Hollow out the onion until you reach the last layer.
- Mix the ground beef with the salt and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Fill the center of the onions with the beef mixture, creating a well.
- Stuff cheese into the center of the beef.
- Wrap the bacon around the top sides of the onion.
- Top the with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Wrap the onions in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Pull the aluminum foil away from the onion and bake for another 30 minutes.
- If the bacon isn’t as crispy as you would like, broil the onions for 5 minutes to crisp it up.
Recipe source: http://nelliebellie