- 2 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese rice cooking wine
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons fermented black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Rinse pork ribs and drain very well. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine pork ribs, Chinese wine, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, and sugar. Stir to fully coat meat and marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and combine until ribs are coated. Add black beans and stir to distribute.
- Transfer pork into a heat-proof wide, shallow plate.
- Prepare a steamer by bringing about two inches of water to a boil.
- Place plate of ribs in the steamer basket, cover, and steam for about 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with green onions if desired. Serve hot.
Recipe source: http://kawalingpinoy