- 2 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 medium white onion, halved then sliced
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup gochugang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 Tablespoons gochugaru (Korean chili flakes) optional
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut chicken thighs roughly into 1 inch pieces, removing any unwanted fat.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken with minced garlic and ginger, gochugang, gochugaru (omit this to reduce spiciness), sesame seed oil, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar and soy sauce and mix very well.
- Mix in the onion slices then marinate at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Using a cast iron skillet or large pan, cook the chicken for about 5-8 minutes on each side on medium high heat. Serve hot with rice and kimchi.
Recipe source: http://kimchihalfie