- 2kg /4,4lb whole beef fillet/beef tenderloin sinew removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- 1/2 lemon
For the horseradish cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp horseradish, grated (alternatively, use jarred horseradish and add to taste)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºc
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Place the whole fillet of beef on a large chopping board. Drizzle over the olive oil and rub all over the fillet.
- Sprinkle the chopped rosemary, salt and pepper on to the chopping board then roll the beef fillet into the seasoning, making sure you cover the entire surface of the fillet.
- Sear the beef fillet on all sides until golden brown then place in the oven and allow to roast for 20 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted reads 55ºC/130ºF for rare-medium rare meat.
- Remove from the oven then cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- In that time, mix together all the ingredients for the horseradish cream and season to taste with lemon, salt and pepper.
- Slice the beef fillet and serve with the horseradish cream.
Recipe source: http://simply-delicious-food