- 36 Oreos
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar , divided (1/3 cup for batter, 2/3 cup to roll churros in)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Separate the cookies and the filling into two bowls.
- Process the cookies to a fine crumb in your food processor.
- In a pot, add water, butter, 1/3 cup sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and Oreo crumbs.
- Whisk together until fully combined.
- Add two eggs and whisk together again.
- In a piping bag with a large star tip, pipe 5 inch sections onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze completely (or a minimum of 2 hours) to preserve the shape and help the frying look perfect.
- When you’re ready to fry them, heat 2 inches of oil in your large pot to 350 degrees.
- Add them in batch to the oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- In a shallow bowl add 2/3 cup sugar.
- Drain the oil from the churros and roll in sugar.
- Add the heavy cream to your stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Melt the Oreo filling for 10 seconds to soften.
- Whisk until peaks form and add in the Oreo filling.
- Whisk on high until filling is incorporated completely.
- Refrigerate whipped cream until you are ready to serve.
Recipe source: http://dinnerthendessert