FOR THE OREO CRUST
- 1 package Oreo cookies (about 36)
- 8 tbsp butter
FOR THE FILLING
- 13 ounce package of chocolate chip cookies (like Chips Ahoy)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1½ cups of milk
- Additional Cool Whip and crumbled chocolate chip cookies
- chocolate syrup to drizzle
PREPARE THE CRUST.
- Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs in a gallon sized ziptop bag using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin.
- Place the butter inside the bag and microwave for 30 seconds (make sure the bag is right side up). Press all the air out of the bag and zip it shut. Smush the cookie crumbs and butter together inside of the bag until mixed well.
- Firmly press the Oreo mixture into a pie dish or springform pan.
ADD THE FILLING
- Dunk each chocolate chip cookie in milk and layer evenly over the Oreo crust (I fit about 8-10 cookies on each layer).
- Spread ¼ of the Cool Whip over the cookie layer.
- Repeat twice more with the cookie layers and end with a final layer of Cool Whip.
- Garnish as desired. Freeze until ready to serve (let thaw at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting).
Recipe source: http://somethingswanky