- Pork Chops 400g
- Sesame Oil 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Ginger juice 1 Tbsp
- White pepper 1/2 tsp
- MSG 1 tsp
- Bicarbonate of Soda 1/4 tsp
- Chinese Wine 1 Tbsp
- Egg 1
- Custard Powder 1 Tbsp
- Potato Starch 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar or sheet sugar 3 Tbsp
- White sugar 3 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Plum sauce 1 Tbsp
- OK Sauce 1 Tbsp (can omit or replace with HP or A1 sauce)
- Tomato Ketchup 2 Tbsp
- Worchestershire sauce 1 tsp
- Water 100ml
- Vegetable or Chicken stock powder 1 tsp
- Dark soy sauce 1 tsp
- Red Colouring (optional) 1 pinch
- Corn flour 1 Tbsp mixed in 2 Tbsp water
- Rose wine 2 Tbsp
- Pound the pork chops with meat tenderizer and cut into 5cm by 3cm pieces. Add all the ingredients in A1 and massage into pork. Then add the ingredients in A2 and mix well. Leave for half to 1 hour but not more than 2 hours. (If you leave out the bicarb of soda you can marinade overnight)
- Heat 1 inch oil in a pan or flat bottom wok. When the oil is very hot (180°C) add the pork and fry till it is golden brown (approx 2 min). Make sure you fry in small batches. Set aside on rack or dry with paper towel.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Pour off the oil from wok. Add the sauce and cook until it is thickened and some of the sugars have caramelized. Add the pork and toss to coat evenly.
- Once it is well coated, add 2 Tbsp Rose Wine and tilt the wok so that the sauce catches fire from the flame. Allow the alcohol to burn off. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe source: http://ieatishootipost