Dump & Cook:
- 2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 green onions sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Add all the ingredients from the “Dump & Cook” section to the Instant Pot: chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, brown sugar and chicken broth and water.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Close lid, make sure the pressure cooker is sealed. Set up the pressure Cooker to cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Use a 10 minute Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Select the Sauté function, on LOW.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water, whisk until well combined with no lumps.
- Add the mixture to the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine. Cook on Sauté function for a few more minutes, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- If you want the sauce even thicker, mix one more tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of juice and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Let the chicken stand for 5-7 minutes, the sauce will thicken more.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe source: http://sweetandsavorymeals