- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter cut into pieces
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Grease the bottom and sides of four 6 oz ramekins. Coat each with sugar.
- Melt the chocolate and butter: In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate on medium heat for about 1 minute. Stir and repeat heating at 15-second intervals, until the chocolate is melted and smooth but a few small pieces of chocolate still remain. Keep stirring to allow the chocolate to completely melt in the residual heat.
- Stir in confectioner’s sugar.
- Whisk in eggs, yolks, coffee and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Divide batter among the ramekins.
- Pour 2 cups water into the Instant Pot’s main compartment (inner pot) and place trivet in water.
- Place 3 ramekins on the trivet and place 1 more on top of them, in the middle (staggered). Close the Instant Pot. Make sure the steam release handle is in the ‘Sealing’ position.
- Cook on ‘Manual’ (or ‘Pressure Cook’) for 7 to 9 minutes. *
- Do a Quick Release of steam and open the Instant Pot.
- Use the trivet to remove the ramekins. Gently dab off any condensation from the surface of the cake.
- Dust the Insant Pot chocolate lava cakes with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe source: http://paintthekitchenred