- 4 pounds pork shoulder, fat cap removed, cut into 1.5 – 2” pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven-safe baking dish, gently toss the pork with salt, pepper, onion, and olive oil. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, stir together the honey, dried red chili flakes, and garlic. Set aside.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the honey and garlic mixture. Stir into the pork bites. (There will be a lot of water in the pan – do not drain!) Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove dish from oven, stir, and bake for 30 minutes. Then, repeat this step once more.
- Lastly, remove the dish from the oven again, add the sesame seeds, stir, and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool for five minutes. Sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley and sesame seeds. Serve.
Recipe source: http://prettypracticalpantry