- 2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a magic bullet, blender, or food processor and blend until the texture you prefer.
- You may need to add a bit more olive oil to get the right consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe source: http://ibreatheimhungry