- 6 slices french bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 bananas sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter chilled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Pure maple syrup optional
- Slice french bread into cubes.
- Grease a 1 1/2 QT round baking dish or cake pan for the 8 qt Instant Pot. If you have a smaller pressure cooking pot, use a baking dish that will fit inside of the pot.
- Add a layer of bread to the bowl.
- Layer one sliced banana over the bread, then sprinkle one tablespoon of brown sugar over the bananas.
- In a microwave, melt the cream cheese 30-45 seconds until it’s creamy enough to spread. Cover the bananas and bread with cream cheese.
- Add the rest of the bread to the bowl and layer one more sliced banana over the bread.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of brown sugar over the bananas and half of the pecans over the top.
- Place sliced butter pieces over the bread as the top layer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Whisk milk, white sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon into egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread, making sure to coat the bread well.
- Pour 3/4 cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet or pot lifter in the bottom of the pot. If you don’t have a trivet to lift the pan out of the hot pressure cooker, make a sling out of of a large foil strip.
- Center the pan on the trivet or foil strip and lower it into the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. If using an Instant Pot, select the porridge button, then add 5 minutes to the cook time.
- When timer goes off, turn off the pressure cooker and turn the steam release valve to “venting” to release the pressure. Keep french toast pan in pressure cooker to warm for 5 minutes before removing lid. After 5 minutes and the pressure valve has dropped, remove lid and remove dish from pressure cooking pot.
- Let set for another 5 minutes, then top with sliced bananas, nuts and maple syrup before serving.
Recipe source: http://livinglocurto